College Boards play an important role in Catholic Education’s schools and colleges. The aim is to ensure our College is Catholic in character, focused on education and creates a supportive environment for students and staff.
While the responsibility for management of the school and all decision-making rests with the Principal, the role of the Board is to support the Principal through a model of discernment, called ‘shared knowledge’. The Board is one of pastoral governance, concerned with sharing responsibility for the well-being of the whole of the school within the beliefs and values, teachings, and traditions of the Catholic Church. Its responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- supporting and reviewing the Vision and Mission Statement of the school
- supporting the School Renewal Process within the school community
- Reviewing diocesan policies and procedures as required
- Overseeing the financial management at the College
- Offering support to the Principal
Our Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm for approximately 1.5 hours.
Photo | Current CMC Board Members:
- Back row: Jodie Benfer, Kris Arnold, Kathy Parrish (Chair), Matt Cole, Jeanette Refalo Front row: Andrea Pembroke (Secretary), Karlie Tatchell, Helen Moohin, Jim Ford
- Absent at time of photo: Helen Patroni